On April 5, 2012, the
Virginia Air & Space Center (VASC)
will celebrate our 20th Anniversary!
Some of you remember opening day
when we welcomed over 12,000 people; others have
joined us since
and have become
valued members of our museum family.
Over the years we have:
• Provided unique, inspirational experiences to over 8 million visitors from around the world!D & Avatar 3D.
• Displayed over 125 traveling exhibits and permanent exhibits including Star Trek: Federation Science, Circus: Science Under the Big Top and Exploring the Red Planet: Project
Viking & Beyond.
• Completed two major exhibit expansions - Adventures in Flight in 2003 and Space
Quest: Exploring the Moon, Mars & Beyond in 2007.
• Brought science alive to over 4 million children through school programs such as
Space Colony and Scream Machines, Science on the Move outreaches, Out-of-this-World Science Camps and Overnight Camps. Over 200,000 children have received free education
programs through the Opportunity Program, Inc.
• Hosted over 2,000 special events from FREEdom Days for the military to NASA open houses.
• Created Celebrations by the Bay and other community events, and opened an Ice Rink in 2006.
As the visitor center for NASA Langley Research Center and Langley Air Force Base, an important part of our mission is to provide fun-filled learning adventures that prepare our
youth to excel in the fields of science, math, engineering and technology.
For those of you who have been a part of the VASC since our inception - we thank you for your dedication to the Center. For those who have joined us since that historic day in 1992, we thank you for sharing the passion of our founders. We should all be proud of our many accomplishments and build on this momentum. We ask that you support the Virginia Air & Space Center by making a contribution to the Annual Fund.
This year will be a challenging one for us financially. In order to maintain a quality level of service and continue to be a treasured community asset, your contribution to the Annual Fund is critical. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today and help us reach for the stars.
Those who make a donation of $100 or more will be honored with an engraved star displayed in our lobby. Please complete and return the enclosed response envelope or make your contribution on-line at www.vasc.org/involved, and know through your support, the Virginia Air & Space Center will continue to inspire the next generation of explorers.
here to donate
more information on how you can
please call the development
office at 757-727-0900 ext. 731.